BioHack Forums
WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers bye week came at a perfect time for quarterback - Printable Version

+- BioHack Forums (http://biohackforums.com)
+-- Forum: My Category (http://biohackforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: My Forum (http://biohackforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers bye week came at a perfect time for quarterback (/showthread.php?tid=178786)

WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers bye week came at a perfect time for quarterback - jokergreen0220 - 05-17-2018

WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers bye week came at a perfect time for quarterback Drew Willy. Gerald McCoy Jersey . Willy sprained his throwing shoulder in a Sept. 13 loss to the B.C. Lions but said Friday that extra treatment and rest last week has helped him recover enough to start Saturday when Winnipeg hosts the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. I was here all bye week working with (head athletic therapist Al Couture), kind of doing a bunch of different treatments, just basically doing anything I could do to get the range of motion, strength back, Willy said after the teams walk-through. I feel fine. Im ready to play and Im looking forward to going out there. Thats good news for the Bombers (6-6), whove lost three straight and five-of-their-last six games. Hamilton (4-7) has won its last two games and three of its last four, all since the return of quarterback Zach Collaros, who missed five contests with concussion-like symptoms. Winnipeg head coach Mike OShea said his offence wont have to alter its plans because Willy is coming off an injury. If we had to change the gameplan because of his health, he wouldnt be starting, OShea said. Neither OShea nor Willy are concerned that playing could aggravate the injury. I believe hes as healthy as anybody else, OShea said. I think theres inherent risk in the game of football, but we wouldnt take any undue risk with our quarterback. Willy, who will be backed up by Brian Brohm, agreed. If I didnt feel comfortable, I wouldnt go out there and play, he said. I wouldnt put this team in that situation. I feel comfortable with the progress weve made and the way I feel so Im definitely going to go out there and compete for the guys that work so hard in that lockerroom. Hamilton coach/GM Kent Austin always figured Willy would start. He wouldnt be practising if he wasnt going to play, Austin said. Hamilton enters weekend action tied with Toronto and Montreal (both 4-8) for first in the East Division. The Alouettes visit the Ottawa Redblacks on Friday night. Despite starting the season 5-1, the Bombers are last in the West Division. Winnipeg is also 1-5 against West Division clubs, compared to being 5-1 versus East Division rivals, making Saturdays contest appear to be a good opportunity to get back on track. Having Willy in the lineup improves those chances and Winnipegs offensive line will try to keep a Hamilton defensive front thats recorded 10 sacks in its last two games off the Bombers starter. Left tackle Glenn January said thats always the goal. I dont think theres any added pressure this week, January said. Ive said it before, if theres an extra gear, you should be using it already. Hamilton defensive end Eric Norwood had four sacks in last weekends 25-23 home win over Edmonton. And the Ticats look to bolster their pass rush with the addition of end Justin Hickman to the lineup. Hickman had a 13 sacks a€” tied for the league lead with Odell Willis, now with the Edmonton Eskimos a€” with Hamilton in 2011 when he was a league all-star. Hickman then spent the next two years with the NFLs Indianapolis Colts although he missed the 2013 campaign with a foot injury. I can remember back to the battles I used to have with Hickman, some of the tougher ones of my career, January said. It will be a challenge for us because theyre a talented group and theyve got a very complete defensive scheme. Hickman said he always aims to take down the quarterback and Willys injury doesnt add to his motivation. My eagerness to get after the quarterback is unfazed by his health, Hickman said. Hickmans enthusiasm actually has more to do with finally being on the field after his injury. Im ready to hit somebody, Hickman said with a laugh. Hickman admitted he didnt know the extent of Willys injury, adding he and his teammates hadnt discussed it as they were concentrating on game planning. Collaros showed fine form against Edmonton, completing 25-of-35 passes for 318 yards and a TD while running for another to be named the CFLs offensive player of the week. We havent talked about it much, but maybe were starting to turn a corner here, Collaros said. Were playing good football and we need to continue that. Hamilton will be minus talented running back C.J. Gable (shoulder), who was hurt against Edmonton and went on the six-game injured list. Hell be replaced by Mossis Madu. Offensive lineman Jake Olson is also off Hamiltons roster and Jeremy Lewis will take his spot. Winnipeg will make two changes to its starting lineup. Defensive back Johnny Sears replaces Bruce Johnson while Devin Tyler joins the offensive line at right tackle in place of Cordaro Howard. Robert Ayers Jersey . -- Max Domi scored twice and set up two more as the London Knights toppled the visiting Kingston Frontenacs 6-4 on Sunday in Ontario Hockey League action. O. J. Howard Jersey . Atletico Madrid made it three wins from three thanks to a double from in-form striker Diego Costa in a 3-0 victory at Austria Vienna, leaving the Spanish side on the brink of the last 16 already to continue its brilliant start to the season. http://www.shoptheofficialbuccaneers.com/Elite-Warren-Sapp-Buccaneers-Jersey/ . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs.SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Argentinas theme at this World Cup seems to be scrappy wins with Lionel Messi pulling through at the last minute to save the day. This time he didnt score on his own, but set the stage for Angel Di Maria to score an extra-time winner against Switzerland. "It doesnt matter if its beautiful or ugly," Di Maria said. "Only that Argentina won and will play another game in the tournament." Argentina will play Belgium in the quarterfinals. Except for its final group-stage win over Nigeria, Argentina has won its matches in Brazil in the same manner -- grinding down its opponents rather than dazzling them with brilliant football. In the first half Tuesday, Argentina struggled to find paths through Switzerlands five-man midfield, and it was the Swiss that produced the best chances. Granit Xhaka pushed Sergio Romero to a great save and Josip Drmic spoiled a great opportunity when he tried to chip the ball over the Argentina goalkeeper. When cracks started opening in the defence in the second half, goalkeeper Diego Benaglio kept Switzerland in the game, stopping Gonzalo Higuains header and Messis low shot in the 78th minute. Benaglio also saved a powerful attempt by Di Maria in extra time, and it looked like the Swiss would be able to push the game into a penalty shootout. Then, in the 118th, Rodrigo Palacio won the ball in midfield and fed Messi, who dribbled down the middle in trademark fashion, escaping a challenge from Swiss defender Fabian Schaer before poking the ball to Di Maria. Unmarked, the Real Madrid player beat Benaglio with his 10th goal in Argentinas colours. "Whats important is that we moved on to the next stage," said Messi, who has scored four oof Argentinas seven goals, including an injury-time winner against Iran. Bryan Anger Jersey. "It was difficult. We knew it was going to be a hard match." Swiss substitute Blerim Dzemaili nearly equalized right before the end but his header hit the post, and the rebound bounced off his knee and wide of the goal. Switzerland coach Ottmar Hitzfeld, whose brother died at age 81 one the eve of the match, said his team leaves the tournament with "our heads high." "We made life very tough for them," he said. "They managed to keep their cool. It shows Argentina has a good team." Hitzfeld said it was his last match as a football coach. He had earlier said he would quit after the tournament. His Argentine counterpart, Alejandro Sabella, said he thought his team played a "wonderful match," though he conceded theres room for improvement. "It was a match that we deserved to win," said Sabella. "The first half was very even. They had two clear chances and after that the match was ours." Argentina will play its next match without left back Marcos Rojo, who is suspended after receiving his second yellow card on Tuesday. ------ Lineups: Argentina: Sergio Romero; Pablo Zabaleta, Federico Fernandez, Ezequiel Garay, Marcos Rojo (Jose Maria Basanta, 105); Fernando Gago (Lucas Biglia, 106), Javier Mascherano, Angel Di Maria; Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Ezequiel Lavezzi (Rodrigo Palacio, 74). Switzerland: Diego Benaglio; Stephan Lichtsteiner, Johan Djourou, Fabian Schaer, Ricardo Rodriquez; Xherdan Shaqiri, Gokhan Inler, Granit Xhaka (Gelson Fernandes, 66), Valon Behrami, Admir Mehmedi (Blerim Dzemaili, 113); Josip Drmic (Haris Seferovic, 82). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '